Cameras have been widely used in various electronic products, especially the rapid development of industries such as mobile phones and tablets, which has driven the rapid growth of the camera industry. In recent years, camera modules used to obtain images have become more and more commonly used in personal electronics, automotive, medical, etc., for example, camera modules have become the standard for portable electronic devices such as smart phones and tablet computers. One of the accessories. Camera modules used in portable electronic devices can not only capture images, but also help portable electronic devices realize instant video calls and other functions. With the development trend of portable electronic devices becoming thinner and lighter and users have higher and higher requirements for the imaging quality of camera modules, more stringent requirements are put forward on the overall size of the camera module and the imaging capabilities of the camera module. In other words, the development trend of portable electronic devices requires camera modules to further improve and strengthen imaging capabilities on the basis of reduced size.
From the perspective of the structure of the mobile phone camera, the five main parts are: the image sensor Sensor (which converts light signals into electrical signals), Lens, voice coil motor, camera module and infrared filter. The camera industry chain can be mainly divided into several parts: lens, voice coil motor, infrared filter, CMOS sensor, image processor and module packaging. The industry technology threshold is high and the industry concentration is high. A camera module includes:
1. A circuit board with circuits and electronic components;
2. A package body that wraps the electronic component, and a cavity is set in the package body;
3. The photosensitive chip is electrically connected to the circuit, the edge part of the photosensitive chip is wrapped by the package, and the middle part of the photosensitive chip is placed in the cavity;
4. The lens is fixedly connected to the top surface of the package body;
5. The filter is directly connected with the lens, and is arranged above the cavity and directly opposite to the photosensitive chip.
(1) CMOS image sensor: The production of image sensors requires complex technology and processing technology. The market has long been dominated by Sony (Japan), Samsung (South Korea) and Howe Technology (US), with a market share of more than 60%.
(2) Mobile phone lens: A lens is an optical component that generates an image, usually composed of multiple lenses, used to form an image on a film or screen. Lenses are divided into glass lenses and resin lenses. Compared with resin lenses, glass lenses have a large refractive index (thinner at the same focal length) and high light transmittance. In addition, the production of glass lenses is difficult, the yield is low, and the cost is high. Therefore, glass lenses are mostly used for high-end photographic equipment, and resin lenses are mostly used for low-end photographic equipment.
(3) Voice Coil Motor (VCM): Voice Coil Motor (Voice Coil Motor) electronics is a type of motor. Mobile phone cameras widely use VCM to achieve auto-focus function, through which the position of the lens can be adjusted to present clear images.
(4) Camera module: CSP packaging technology has become mainstream
As the market demands more and more thinner and lighter smartphones, the importance of the camera module packaging process has become increasingly prominent. At present, the mainstream camera module packaging process includes COB and CSP. At present, products with lower pixels are mainly packaged in CSP, and products with high pixels above 5M are mainly packaged in COB. With the continuous progress of CSP packaging technology, CSP packaging technology is gradually penetrating into the market of 5M and above high-end products, and CSP packaging technology is likely to become the mainstream of packaging technology in the future. Driven by mobile phone and automotive applications, the module market has increased year by year in recent years.
Post time: Oct-26-2020